Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bye bye Longhorns!

I have less than two weeks of class left and then a new chapter in life begins. Wahoo! Although college has been wonderful here in the great city of Austin...I have a tendency to really love change.

Journey To Graduation:
A year ago when praying with Drake--my boyfriend--about, well, LIFE I felt the Holy Spirit speak to me and say "Graduate as soon as you can." This of course got the blood pumping. I had been an indecisive student and at that point had changed my major 3 times in the past two years. I didn't speak this aloud to anyone and just let set in my heart. So when registration came in the fall, those words would not leave my head. The more I thought of the possibilities of graduating early the more I got excited. So, Spanish to English major and I'd be done in half a year, with the exact number of hours needed to get my degree. My friend Martin, an English honors double major, loved to tell everyone that I was evidence that "Yes, an English major can be accomplished in a single semester."--Note: I probably have the worst grammar of all you English people out there, so please do not be disheartened! So why was I graduating early? Well the phrase, "God only knows," comes to mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment